Monday, June 17, 2013

How To Really Love a Child

I have this hanging on the wall of my office to remind me how precious and amazing all children are.  I want to share it with everyone I know!

How To Really Love a Child

Be there. Say yes as often as you can.  Let them bang on pots and pans.  If they're crabby, put them in water.  Read books out loud with joy.  Go find elephants and kiss them.  Encourage silly.  Giggle a lot.  Remember how really small they are.  Search out the positive.  Keep the gleam in your eye.  Go see a movie in your pyjamas.  Teach feelings.  Realize how important it is to be a child.  Plan to build a rocketship.  Stop yelling.  Invent pleasures together.  Surprise them.  Express your love.  A lot.  Children are Miraculous.
- Sark

If we do it right, we can all grow up to be big kids and enjoy all these things with the little humans in our lives.  Thank you, Kathy, for sharing this with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment